Eyes are important safety equipment. Owls depend upon eyes for nocturnal hunting and survival. Flying into an unseen tree could result in injuries.
Use your eyes to stay safe at work:
- Notice common hazards around you
- Notice ground imperfections, and surface conditions where you walk
- Notice and adjust walking speed for unpredictable moving objects which may cross your path
- Practice right of way techniques with other humans, animals, or vehicles.
- Stop walking to use a hand held device for texting or data input.
- Use your situational awareness skills.
Consider how advances to technology have affected human behavior and our ability to notice and react to hazards. (Click on link to view.)