The Office of Health and Safety for the Ira A. Fulton Schools of Engineering is a department devoted to providing safety for all of the engineering schools, staff, and students. We offer a wide range of support services for our clients:
The primary goal of the Engineering Office of Health and Safety is to provide information and assist researchers and staff in their day to day and long term activities to ensure a safe environment. As a division of the Engineering Dean’s Office, the Office of Health and Safety for Engineering works with another department, Arizona State University’s Environmental Health and Safety, to supervise and assist those in our department.
The Engineering Office of Health and Safety is run out of the Goldwater Center (650 E. Tyler Mall Tempe, AZ 85281) at the ASU Tempe campus. There are two full time staff that make up the department.
We provide health and safety to the following schools:
School of Biological Health Systems Engineering (SBHSE)
School of Computing, Informatics, & Decision System Engineering (CIDSE)
School of Electrical, Computer, & Energy Engineering (ECEE)
School of Engineering of Matter, Transport, & Energy (SEMTE)
School of Sustainable Energy & the Built Environment (SSEBE)
The Polytechnic School – formerly College of Technology and Innovation (CTI)
Services we Provide
- Fire Safety, Lab Safety, Biosafety Bloodborne Pathogen, Cryogen Safety, HF Safety Trainings.
- Prior Hazard Assessment (also called Prior Approval Assessment Form) and Standard Operating Procedures approvals
- ERC and ISTB4 roof access approvals
- HMIS data gathering and analysis
- Follow up lab inspections
- Special event safety inspections
- Respirator fit testing as needed
- Chemical and personal injury first response
- Ergonomic assessments
- Initial lab set up inspections